Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
Emergency Management Workforce Consortium
To obtain the requisite data needed to launch the initiative of the HBCU Pipeline to develop the Homeland Security-Emergency Management workforce for the Future
Identify HBCUs that have programs in homeland security as well as emergency & disaster management.
- Identify HBCU academic programs (stand alone, courses, certificate or degree).
- Identify threats (natural & man-made) posed to these institutions and their whole communities.
- Identify opportunities to mitigate threats (natural & man-made) posed to these institutions and their whole communities.
Many HBCUs sit in zones that are disaster prone. The need for a diverse, culturally competent workforce trained in homeland security and Emergency/Disaster management is vital.
- Develop an historic profile and leverage future planning for HBCUs and their surrounding whole communities.
- Help build a pipeline for the next generation of African American Homeland security and Emergency Management professionals.
- True Pipeline:
- Platform A: Certificate Program
- Platform B: Two-year Degree Program
- Platform C: Bachelors Degree Program
- Platform D: Masters Degree Program
- Platform E: Doctoral Degree Program
- Platform F: Post Doctoral Programs
- Develop a collaborative consortium of programs Develop a collaborative of individuals (mentors/advocates).