Check Out What's New
A unique feature of the HU-CCCoP Program is the inclusion of case-based studies in every webinar to enhance the learning experience of clinicians. We have designed each case study to incorporate the social, cultural and clinical realities that are relevant to the Caribbean context.
Case studies actively engage webinar participants in problem solving and clinical decision making; and help them to apply the knowledge gained through discussion in their own clinical practice.
- Sunday, June 27, 2021, we recognize another important observance: National HIV Testing Day (NHTD). This day is an opportunity to encourage and emphasize the importance of HIV testing, which is essential to reducing HIV infections, improving health outcomes for people with HIV, and helping to end the HIV epidemic in the U.S.
- Live with Leadership - 40 Years of HIV: Federal Leadership. The HHS Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP) will hold a Live with Leadership conversation about 40 Years of HIV: Federal Leadership.
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) COVID-19 Data Report, January 20, 2020 through December 31, 2020. This report is HRSA HAB’s first publication of national RWHAP aggregate-level data submitted through the CDR. Data are presented for January 20, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Because data can be submitted on a retroactive and rolling basis, data presented are based on those submitted as of February 23, 2021, to allow time for the more recent months’ data to stabilize. Due to the ongoing nature of CDR reporting, however, the data contained in the report should be considered preliminary.
- Resources on HIV and Aging:
- Incorporating New Elements of Care. This reference guide identifies commonly occurring health care and social needs of people aging with HIV and highlights the screenings and assessments for these needs. It serves as a starting point for health care teams as they build and expand their knowledge and practice of serving people aging with HIV.
- Putting Together the Best Health Care Team. This reference guide discusses how all members of the health care team can contribute to the care of people aging with HIV. Specifically, this guide identifies roles, responsibilities, staff training, and resources for the health care team to build their capacity and may assist the health care team as they build and expand their knowledge and practice of serving people aging with HIV.
- COVID-19 Update. The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) understands that the COVID-19 public health emergency has had a significant impact on our Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients and subrecipients and your ability to provide HIV care and treatment services to people with HIV. HRSA HAB acknowledges this impact and wants to provide guidance to address your concerns. They have released a new program letter regarding the COVID-19 public health emergency and its impact on clinical and programmatic operations and workflows and, subsequently, on client services, performance measure data, and health outcomes.
- National Clinicians HIV/AIDS Testing & Awareness Day Recognized July 21
- "The National HIV Curriculum: Howard University Partners to Strengthen the Nation’s HIV Clinical Workforce" as featured in the Dean's Notes newsletter of the National Student Nurses' Association.
- Read the Spring/Summer editon of the H-NIP newletter.
- HU-TTC COVID-19 Statement
These are challenging times and we will get through it together. Our H-NIP team, through our decades-old Telehealth Training Center will continue to provide you with the technical assistance you expect and deserve. We have taken the following steps:
• As of Monday March 23, 2020 our entire team will be working remotely.
• We will respond to messages within a 2-hour window during normal business hours (8:00 AM- 4:30 PM [EST]).
• For emergencies only, please contact our Project Manager, Ms. Denise Bailey at 202.330.9734. Otherwise, please contact the office at 202.865.8146.
• To assist you, we will provide you with your individual site's workplan status update. This plan will allow you to identify what, if anything needs to be changed and allow for those changes to be documented in your final reports. Read more...
- Read more News from HRSA >>>