Check Out What's New
A unique feature of the HU-CCCoP Program is the inclusion of case-based studies in every webinar to enhance the learning experience of clinicians. We have designed each case study to incorporate the social, cultural and clinical realities that are relevant to the Caribbean context.
Case studies actively engage webinar participants in problem solving and clinical decision making; and help them to apply the knowledge gained through discussion in their own clinical practice.
- "The National HIV Curriculum: Howard University Partners to Strengthen the Nation’s HIV Clinical Workforce" as featured in the Dean's Notes newsletter of the National Student Nurses' Association.
- Read the Spring/Summer editon of the H-NIP newletter.
- HU-TTC COVID-19 Statement
These are challenging times and we will get through it together. Our H-NIP team, through our decades-old Telehealth Training Center will continue to provide you with the technical assistance you expect and deserve. We have taken the following steps:
• As of Monday March 23 our entire team will be working remotely.
• We will respond to messages within a 2-hour window during normal business hours (8:00 AM- 4:30 PM [EST]).
• For emergencies only, please contact our Project Manager, Ms. Denise Bailey at 202.330.9734. Otherwise, please contact the office at 202.865.8146.
• To assist you, we will provide you with your individual site's workplan status update. This plan will allow you to identify what, if anything needs to be changed and allow for those changes to be documented in your final reports. Read more...
- COVID-19 Resources for Advocates. This document is to help advocates with links to the latest information about COVID-19, including information on its prevention, transmission, relationship to HIV and research that’s underway. Many of the links below are constantly updated so please click through for the latest.
- Read more News from HRSA >>>
- New CCCoP Knowledge Center. Find the latest resources here!
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program 2018 State Profiles. The 2018 State Profiles is an online resource that provides users with a national and state-by-state look at the newly released Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services Report (RSR) client-level data for 2018. The data visualization tool offers a detailed look at national and state-level information on Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients, providers, and clients.
- MSI-H2P Newsletter, Issue 1, Volume 1. Read more about the project, hear from Savannah State University, student impace, and see the results of our survey tracking knowledge and skills change.
- CCCoP Newsletter: Winter 2020. Learn more about the Caribbean Clinicians Community of Practice (CCCoP) project, our county focal points, a spotlight on Barbados, and HIV/AIDS awareness days.
- HVTN 702 clinical trial of an HIV vaccine stopped. The United States National Institutes of Health has announced that its HVTN 702 clinical trial of an HIV vaccine has been stopped. While no safety concerns were found during the trial, the independent data and safety monitoring board found that the vaccine was ineffective in preventing HIV transmission.
- HIV/HCV Coinfection: An AETC National Curriculum. The goal of this curriculum is to provide an evidence-based online curriculum for healthcare providers and trainers of healthcare providers to increase their knowledge of HIV and hepatitis C virus coinfection among people of color in the United States and its territories.
- On January 29, 2020, OIDP will host a webinar providing updates about the new Ready, Set, PrEP program. Register today to hear updates and have your questions answered.
- NIAID Launches First Clinical Trial to Test Antibody-Drug Combination for Long-Acting HIV Treatment
- 2019 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Highlights biennial report is now live. This report highlights case studies from five Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients, including the Southeast AIDS Education and Training Center (SE AETC), Nashville, Tennessee (Part F).
- Rep. Waters Recognizes July 21 as National Clinicians HIV/AIDS Testing & Awareness Day
- Housing and HIV: HRSA and HUD Coordinate.HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and HUD’s Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS program collaborate to improve outcomes for people with HIV who are unstably housed or homeless.