The AETC Capitol Region Telehealth "Power Podcast" series allows you to listen to experts in the field from your computer or mobile device. Designed for the busy professional, you can learn about cultural competence in the treatment of HIV/AIDS from your office or "On-The-Go."
HIV and the Older Patient Part 2: VIDEO Podcast
Click here to download the slides.
Objectives. At the end of this webinar the participating providers will have an enhanced ability to:
- Describe the epidemiology of HIV in the population over 50
- Explain the Delays in diagnosis due to unsuspected HIV infection
- Describe the Age-related differences in immune responses to HIV antigens
- Understand the Special Consideration Involving the Care of this Population
- Identify behavioral health challenges that can put older Americans at greater risk for HIV infection, co-occur with HIV infection, and hinder access to treatment and maintenance in care
About the Speaker. I. Jean Davis, Ph.D., P.A., AAHIVS, is an HIV Specialist at Desert AIDS Project Team. She has decades of HIV Education and Clinical Care. She became a faculty member of the AIDS Education Training Centers in the early 90s. She became board certified nearly 10 years later as an HIV Specialist. She has trained 100s of provider in the area of HIV and related issues and provided care for 100s of persons with HIV and their families.
Dr. Davis received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychobiology prior to pursing a professional career as a Physician Assistant. She was one the first 300 PAs to be licensed to practice medicine in the State of California. Dr. Davis continued her education and received a Bachelor of Science in Human Anatomy and a Doctoral in Chiropractic Medicine. She was the first person in California to have the dual licensing as a Chiropractor and a Physician Assistant. Dr. Davis returned to school and completed a PhD in Preventive Medicine. She also has a Master of Science Degree in Clinical Research.
Her faculty positions have included Chiropractic Colleges, Physician Assistant Programs and Medical Schools. She has held faculty positions at Cleveland Chiropractic College, Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science and UCLA, Geffen School of Medicine.