Current resources in how telehealth is advancing the diagnosis and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS.
Study: Telemedicine Helps Meet Needs of Patients With HIV
Internet-based consultations helped satisfy the medical, pharmaceutical and psychological needs of patients with HIV to the same degree as in-person health care visits, according to a study published in PLoS One, The Atlantic reports. March 16, 2011
Materials are listed with most recent items first.
- Project ECHO: a model for complex, chronic care in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Scott JD, Unruh KT, Catlin MC, Merrill JO, Tauben DJ, Rosenblatt R, Buchwald D, Doorenbos A, Towle C, Ramers CB, Spacha DH. J Telemed Telecare. 2012 Dec 3.
- Positive progress. Improvements in HIV testing, treatment, and continuity of care. Saltmarsh S. Posit Aware. 2012 May-Jun;24(3):27-9.
- Establishing a telemedicine clinic for HIV patients in a correctional facility. Badowski M, Nyberg C. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012 Oct 1;69(19):1630, 1632-3.
- Predicting a single HIV drug resistance measure from three international interpretation gold standards. Yashik S, Maurice M. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2012 Jul;5(7):566-72.
- Advances in the psychosocial treatment of addiction: the role of technology in the delivery of evidence-based psychosocial treatment. Marsch LA, Dallery J. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2012 Jun;35(2):481-93.
- M-health for health behaviour change in resource-limited settings: applications to HIV care and beyond. Thirumurthy H, Lester RT. Bull World Health Organ. 2012 May 1;90(5):390-2.
- Measuring the impact of e-health. Keeton C. Bull World Health Organ. 2012 May 1;90(5):326-7.
- Evaluation of human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C telemedicine clinics. Saifu HN, Asch SM, Goetz MB, Smith JP, Graber CJ, Schaberg D, Sun BC. Am J Manag Care. 2012 Apr;18(4):207-12.
- eHealth interventions for HIV prevention. Noar SM, Willoughby JF. AIDS Care. 2012;24(8):945-52.
- A collaborative awareness system for chronic disease medication adherence applied to HIVinfection. Moore JO, Hardy H, Skolnik PR, Moss FH. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2011;2011:1523-7.
- A workshop report on HIV mHealth synergy and strategy meeting to review emerging evidence-based mHealth interventions and develop a framework for scale-up of these interventions. Karanja S, Mbuagbaw L, Ritvo P, Law J, Kyobutungi C, Reid G, Ram R, Estambale B, Lester R. Pan Afr Med J. 2011;10:37.
- Investigation into the use of short message services to expand uptake of human immunodeficiency virus testing, and whether content and dosage have impact. de Tolly K, Skinner D, Nembaware V, Benjamin P. Telemed J E Health. 2012 Jan-Feb;18(1):18-23.
- Health care provider satisfaction with telephone consultations provided by pharmacists and physicians at the National HIV/AIDS Clinicians' Consultation Center. Sherman EM, Cocohoba JM, Neff SE, Dong BJ. Ann Pharmacother. 2011 Dec;45(12):1499-505.
- HIV-positive patients in Botswana state that mobile teledermatology is an acceptable method for receiving dermatology care. Azfar RS, Weinberg JL, Cavric G, Lee-Keltner IA, Bilker WB, Gelfand JM, Kovarik CL. J Telemed Telecare. 2011;17(6):338-40.
- Impact of a mHealth intervention for peer health workers on AIDS care in rural Uganda: a mixed methods evaluation of a cluster-randomized trial. Chang LW, Kagaayi J, Arem H, Nakigozi G, Ssempijja V, Serwadda D, Quinn TC, Gray RH, Bollinger RC, Reynolds SJ. AIDS Behav. 2011 Nov;15(8):1776-84.
- Evaluating the uptake, acceptability, and effectiveness of Uliza! clinicians' HIV hotline: a telephone consultation service in Kenya. Karari C, Tittle R, Penner J, Kulzer J, Bukusi EA, Marima R, Cohen CR. Telemed J E Health. 2011 Jul-Aug;17(6):420-6.
- Teleconsultation for clinicians who provide human immunodeficiency virus care: experience of the national HIV telephone consultation service. Waldura JF, Neff S, Goldschmidt RH. Telemed J E Health. 2011 Jul-Aug;17(6):472-7.
- Partnering urban academic medical centers and rural primary care clinicians to provide complex chronic disease care. Arora S, Kalishman S, Dion D, Som D, Thornton K, Bankhurst A, Boyle J, Harkins M, Moseley K, Murata G, Komaramy M, Katzman J, Colleran K, Deming P, Yutzy S. Health Aff (Millwood). 2011 Jun;30(6):1176-84.
- Text messaging for enhancement of testing and treatment for tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus, and syphilis: a survey of attitudes toward cellular phones and healthcare. Person AK, Blain ML, Jiang H, Rasmussen PW, Stout JE. Telemed J E Health. 2011 Apr;17(3):189-95.
- Agreement between prospective interactive voice response telephone reporting and structured recall reports of risk behaviors in rural substance users living with HIV/AIDS. Simpson CA, Xie L, Blum ER, Tucker JA. Psychol Addict Behav. 2011 Mar;25(1):185-90.
- Piloting behavioral family systems therapy to improve adherence among adolescents with HIV: a case series intervention study.
Gray WN, Janicke DM, Fennell EB, Driscoll DC, Lawrence RM.
J Health Psychol. 2011 Jul;16(5):828-42.
- Virtual hospital for HIV patients halves consultation times. García Rada A. BMJ. 2011 Mar 21;342:d1818.
- India calling: harnessing the promise of mobile phones for HIV healthcare. Shet A, de Costa A. Trop Med Int Health. 2011 Feb;16(2):214-6.
- A new multidisciplinary home care telemedicine system to monitor stable chronic human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: a randomized study. León A, Cáceres C, Fernández E, Chausa P, Martin M, Codina C, Rousaud A, Blanch J, Mallolas J, Martinez E, Blanco JL, Laguno M, Larrousse M, Milinkovic A, Zamora L, Canal N, Miró JM, Gatell JM, Gómez EJ, García F. PLoS One. 2011 Jan 21;6(1):e14515.
- A pilot programme using mobile phones for HIV prevention. Juzang I, Fortune T, Black S, Wright E, Bull S. J Telemed Telecare. 2011;17(3):150-3.
- Development and pretesting multimedia HIV-prevention text messages for mobile cell phone delivery. Cornelius JB, Cato M, Lawrence JS, Boyer CB, Lightfoot M. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2011 Sep-Oct;22(5):407-13.
- Tackling HIV through robust diagnostics in the developing world: current status and future opportunities. Desai D, Wu G, Zaman MH. Lab Chip. 2011 Jan 21;11(2):194-211.
- A telemedicine service for HIV/AIDS physicians working in developing countries. Zolfo M, Bateganya MH, Adetifa IM, Colebunders R, Lynen L. J Telemed Telecare. 2011;17(2):65-70.
- Cost-effective and compact wide-field fluorescent imaging on a cell-phone. Zhu H, Yaglidere O, Su TW, Tseng D, Ozcan A. Lab Chip. 2011 Jan 21;11(2):315-22.